COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as beacons, scripts, and tags, are small bits of code, usually stored on a user's computer hard drive or device, which enable a website to "personalize" itself for each user by remembering information about the user's visit to the website.
Surreal LLC Cookies (First Party Cookies). We, at Surreal LLC, use our cookies to improve your web-browsing experience. For example, we may use these cookies to remember your language preference or city, or to keep you in a logged in state so the Site does not require you to log in repeatedly to access different pages. Surreal LLC cookies are associated with other data we collect from you. However, no third party may use the information we collect through our Surreal LLC cookies for their own purposes. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our Sites and services.
Third Party Cookies. We work with third-parties that place cookies on our Site to provide their services, including:
- Ad Targeting. We work with third-party advertising companies to serve ads while you are visiting our Site and permit these companies to place and access their own cookies on your computer in the course of serving advertisements on this Site. These companies may use information obtained through their cookie (which does not include your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to our and other websites, in combination with non-personally identifiable information about your purchases and interests from other online sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not ours. Data Providers: We also allow data providers to collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), when you visit our Site, or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with data providers solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
- Analytics/Measurement. We also use third-party analytics cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the Site, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimize and improve our websites and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our Site. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites.
- Remarketing Pixel Tags. In addition, we may share web site usage information about visitors to our Sites with third-party advertising companies for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis on our Site and other sites. For these purposes, we and our third-party advertising companies may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on some of the pages you visit on our Site. We will then use the non-personally identifiable information that is collected using these pixel tags to serve you relevant advertisements when you are visiting other sites on the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to specific searches you conducted on Surreal LLC during earlier browsing sessions.
- Other Cookies: Our partners, who provide certain features on our site or display advertising based on your browsing activity, also use Local Storage such as HTML5, to collect and store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
Mobile Devices, Anonymous Device Identifiers and Hashed IDs. We and/or data providers that we have engaged may collect and store a unique identifier matched to your mobile device, in order to deliver customized ads or content while you use applications or surf the internet, or to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers. In order to customize these ads or content, we or a third-party data partner may collect de-identified demographic or other data about you which you have either voluntarily submitted to us, e.g., your email address, or to has been passively collected from you, such as your device identifier or IP address. However, we will share your email address solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
First Party Cookies. If you'd rather we didn't use Surreal LLC cookies when you visit us, click here for information on how to configure your browser settings to reject cookies. Please note, disabling these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our Sites and services.
Third Party Cookies. If you would like to opt-out of third-party cookies, here are some options:
- If you would like to generally (i.e. not just for this Site) opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website or click here. If you are located in the European Union, please click here to opt out.
- In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- If you wish to block other cookies, including those being served by companies that are not part of the NAI or DAA, click here for how to configure your browser settings to reject cookies. You can also delete all cookies that are already on your computer's hard drive by searching for and deleting files with "cookie" in it.
Mobile Devices. If you no longer wish to receive interest-based advertising on your mobile applications, please refer to your device’s operating system settings and follow instructions below.
- iOS users: To use the "Limit Ad-Tracking" option, follow the instructions provided by Apple here: Apple Support Center
- Android Users: To use the "opt-out of interest-based advertising" option, follow the instructions provided by Google here: Google Play Help
- You may want to consider downloading the DAA AppChoices Mobile App to manage online behavioral advertising technology.
If you no longer wish to receive interest-based advertising on your mobile device browser, you can follow the steps outlined above for first party cookies and third party cookies.
Do-Not-Track Signals. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not-track” signals from your browser.
Please keep in mind that, without cookies, you may not have access to certain features on our Site, including access to your profile/account and certain personalized content. Removing all cookies from your computer could also affect your subsequent visits to certain web sites, including the Surreal LLC web site, by requiring that, for example, you enter your login name when you return to that web site. Please note that even if you opt-out, you will still see ads, but they will not be targeted based upon the information collected through these tracking technologies.